This article is for those of us with sensitive skin, which is something most of us suffer with at some time or another. For some of us it is a daily issue, and for others it might only crop up when we use certain skin products. Sensitive skin does not have to be an issue if you are using skincare with the right ingredients. This includes natural ingredients that help skin to look good and function as best possible, but without causing irritation.
When we talk about sensitive skin we generally mean when skin is irritated or showing redness. Those of us with sensitive skin can still use face products like everyone else, we just need to take care to put the right ingredients on our skin. This is one of the reasons we developed our Nakin Natural Skincare range which is kind to even sensitive skin, but still has powerful plant ingredients to offer superb Anti-Ageing Skincare.
Using skincare with high quality natural ingredients is not a requirement only for those with sensitive skin, as kind natural products are great for everyone. It is a good idea for all skin types, as sensitivity can occur at any time and one of the causes of it is a weakened skin barrier. At Nakin we believe that harsh cosmetic ingredients contribute to this, so we only use the best plant ingredients in all of our products. Sensitive skin can be an issue whatever your skin type, be it oily, dry, normal, combination, young or old. The good news is that there are lots of lovely ingredients that help to restore sensitive skin, and even better with long term use and not using harsh ingredients, sensitive skin should become a thing of the past. Here is a list of our favourite ingredients for sensitive skin, and we use them in our face products.
- Aloe Vera is long known as a healer of aggravated skin, which is why it can be a first choice for sun burnt skin. This beautiful plant is super hydrating and caring.
- Jojoba oil is one of our favourite ingredients for sensitive skin and it even helps with eczema. It is similar to the sebum in our own skin and acts as an amazing skin protectant with its liquid wax properties.
- Green Tea extract is a lovely one for sensitive skin, as well as having powerful skin enhancing properties, it helps to reduce redness and sensitivity.
- Hyaluronic acid is perfect for all skin types to help plump and moisturise skin, due to its incredible moisture retaining ability.
- Baobab oil grows naturally in the desert, so it is no surprise that it can boost and condition sensitive skin with its abundance of vitamins and minerals.
- Argan oil is hugely popular for many reasons and the abundance of vitamin E within it works to reduce inflammation in skin.
- Seaweed extract utilises the power of the sea to calm and stimulate skin including redness, with a mass of nutrients that seep life and energy into skin.
- Shea butter is one of the kindest healing ingredients out there, as it is filled with special nutrients that can calm and repair irritated skin.
If you have extremely sensitive skin sometimes it is good to just use an organic oil like jojoba for all your skincare needs, and to cleanse and moisturise with just this. But always take care to ensure an allergy to a skincare ingredient is not the cause. For most of us that just have some sensitivity when using certain skincare, then products like Nakin’s are a great choice. You do not need any extra products as well, simply good cleansers, treatments and moisturisers. We also have an amazing natural face oil that is beautifully relaxing and healing to skin. Good skincare for sensitive skin will nurture skin naturally and provide hydration and moisture, but without feeling heavy. Take a look at Nakin’s full range below.
- Cleansing is often one of the areas of a skin routine that can cause sensitivity. Our Advanced Cleansing Milk is formulated to clean skin perfectly, but without harsh drying cleansers.
- After the milk apply the Purifying Face Toner to complete cleansing by purifying, toning and conditioning.
- Our Performance Face Serum is a multi-treatment that calms skin as well as enhancing it, with its impressive natural ingredient list.
- The Revitalising Face Oil is super soothing to even delicate irritated skin, with 100% natural plant goodness. It is a saviour to sensitive skin.
- Our Eye Cream Complex is nutritious and feeds skin with the lightweight fragrance-free formula.
- Face creams play an important role in protecting sensitive skin from further damage. Our Matt Formula Face Cream is for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. Dry skin types often suffer with sensitive skin and in this case our Active Dew Face Cream is more hydrating. They are both filled with nutrients, moisture and protection.
- Lips can be sensitive too and our Lip Treatment Balm excels and is a must for this. It contains lots of lovely oils and butters that are lovely for even chapped lips.
All of Nakin’s products are either fragrance free, or fragranced with a subtle 100% natural scent that is not irritating to skin. We only use the best high-quality ingredients that are lovely for sensitive skin. For many customers Nakin is an amazing solution for their sensitive skin, however, as with all new products you need to take care as sometimes people can be allergic to even the most natural ingredients. We always recommend carrying out patch tests before using products fully. Sensitive skin is a complicated concern and there is no one size fits all, as there are so many potential causes. But generally using the best skincare products like Nakin’s will help to keep skin balanced, calm and thriving. The products help to nourish, hydrate and repair the skin barrier to help skin long-term and in time to easily shake off any disruptions. The only other thing needed is sunscreen, as the sun can have powerful effects on skin which sunscreen prevents.
A natural simple focus with a simplistic skin care routine goes a long way to keep skin healthy and calm. Using too many products especially synthetic ones could be exposing your skin too many unnecessary products. Using a few high-quality products filled with ingredients that are kind to sensitive skin is the best way to look after your skin.