You may have seen grain exfoliators advertised as a gentle way to exfoliate your skin. However, these products can actually be quite harsh on your face. Grain exfoliators work by buffing away dead skin cells with abrasive particles. The abrasive action of the grains can leave skin feeling raw and irritated. In addition, the particles can also clog your pores, which can lead to breakouts.
If you're looking for a gentle way to exfoliate your face, try using a natural liquid exfoliator like our Nakin Exfoliating Radiance Tonic instead. It is a liquid exfoliator which is made with natural AHAs that are not as aggressive as most grainy exfoliator ingredients, so they will not irritate your skin. Plus, they are just as effective at sloughing off dead skin cells. This is why our natural anti-ageing exfoliator makes such a great alternative to using a grain exfoliator for the face.
One of the most popular ways to exfoliate skin has always been to use a product that contains small grains or beads. However, times have changed, and this is not the only way to achieve smooth, radiant skin. In fact, there are many alternative methods of exfoliation that are just as effective – if not more so – than grain-based exfoliators. Our Nakin Exfoliating Radiance Tonic is an amazing alternative with so many benefits for skin as below.
- It is a natural and gentle way to exfoliate skin. The liquid particles help to slough off dead skin cells, while the moisturising properties help to leave your skin feeling soft and supple. It can be used on all skin types, and this includes oily or acne-prone skin, plus dry and sensitive complexions.
- The high performing plant resurfacers make an excellent natural alternative to grain-based exfoliators. They remove dead skin cells and other impurities from the surface of skin, leaving a refreshed and radiant complexion.
- The kind but powerful fruit enzymes and AHAs (alpha-hydroxy acids) break down dead skin cells and other impurities. This is a much more modern and gentle way to clear the skin, instead of the mechanical exfoliation that uses grainy particles to remove dead skin cells and other impurities from the surface of your skin.
- As well as being free of grains plus ingredients like parabens, silicones, artificial fragrance and colours, it is also free of strong synthetic chemical exfoliators such as retinoids and glycolic acid.
- The plant-based formula is filled with lots of skin enhancing ingredients to help to keep skin hydrated and conditioned at the same time as being exfoliated. The formula is vegan, cruelty free and made in the UK. It is designed to be used every day, although we recommend building up to this gradually.
We hope that you found our article useful about our alternative to using a grain exfoliator for the face. At Nakin we use the power of plant science to produce modern face formulations that help skin to flourish and thrive. Our award-winning natural anti-ageing face products can all be found online at www.nakinskincare.com where we have our full range and brand information.