Dry skin arises from a lack of moisture in the skin layers. Our skin naturally produces an oil called sebum, which helps to keep it hydrated. Skin that is lacking in this sebum oil will become dry, and sometimes dull and irritated. Everyone is born with a unique skin type, and for some of us that means that we naturally have skin on the dry side. This can vary from very dry facial skin all over, to more combination dry skin. Here the t-zone might be normal or even greasy, but the cheeks or other areas could be dry. Skin tends to become drier as we get older. Dry skin can also be brought on by cold weather, using harsh skincare products, hormonal changes and from skin conditions. The good news is that this need not be a problem, as there are lots of gorgeous natural face moisturiser products specially made for dry skin. At Nakin we dedicate our work to producing amazing natural skincare products and we wanted to share a list of the best natural face moisturisers for dry skin. Dry skin tends to be more delicate and susceptible to sensitivity, so all the products in this list are natural and kind to sensitive skin.
- Nakin Active Dew Face Cream £20 Soothe your dry skin away with this natural face cream packed with the best plant actives. Skin tends to get drier as we get older, so a good anti-ageing cream that is specially made for dry skin is always a good option. This Active Dew Face Cream for normal, dry, and sensitive skin can be used at any age, as it does not contain any harsh ingredients like retinol and vitamin C. Instead it is filled with hydrating nourishing plant actives like hyaluronic acid, pomegranate, cassia, argan, baobab and jojoba oil. The silky soft velvet formula glides onto skin to leave it soft and supple with long lasting comfort and hydration, but without greasiness. It leaves skin hydrated and glowing. Nakin products are all free from undesirable ingredients like parabens, synthetic colour, synthetic fragrances, mineral oil, petrolatum, PEGs, sulphates, MEA, DEA, TEA, polypropylene glycol, phthalates, silicones and sulphates. This multi award winning product receives 5-star reviews and was recently awarded editors choice in the highly respected Beauty Shortlist awards.
- Nakin Performance Face Serum £25 Although this is a serum it is included here as it is richer and more hydrating than most serums, which can be quite watery. It can be used under moisturiser to deliver powerful correcting plant actives and hydration. Using both a serum and face cream gives skin intense nourishment and moisture. This is because it contains a mass of natural plant actives including hyaluronic acid, hibiscus, seaweed and plant oils. The potent content allows it to help to correct skin problems like lines and dullness plus resist future skin issues, as well as providing long lasting hydration without weighing skin down.
- Tammy Fender Antioxidant Crème £75 This moisturiser is an expensive one, but we like it because of the high natural content. It contains a large amount of plant materials that are great for dry skin. Reviews say that it is very hydrating to dry skin without weighing it down.
- Pai Age Confidence Cream £60 We have included this face cream as it contains macadamia nut oil which is beneficial for drier skin types. This is not suitable for those with nut allergies, or those that do not have dry skin, as macadamia nut oil is really rich in fatty acids. This makes it great for even very dry and chapped skin.
- Nakin Revitalising Face Oil £22 Another product that can be used under a face cream and is really beneficial to dry skin is a natural face oil. This Nakin face oil fills skin with vitamins, minerals and hydration without being greasy. It is 100% natural goodness in a bottle.
- Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream £40 This balm cream comes in a variety of sizes, so the price will depend upon the size chosen. Balms are thicker than creams and so can be nice for those with extremely dry skin. This balm contains honey and avocado oil, both of which are very hydrating and nourishing to dry skin. Avocado is naturally rich in fats and honey works as an excellent humectant to keep moisture escaping from the skin.
- Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream £30 This has a lovely thick but springy texture and is great for those with dry skin that like simple organic classic products; including ingredients like rose, beeswax and carnauba wax. It is only a small tube so does not last as long as many face moisturisers, but it has been around for years and usually gets very good reviews.
- Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Intense Lift Cream £65 This is a very rich cream as some of the main ingredients are natural butters like cocoa butter. One of the ingredients is actually quite unique and from the butter tree. As the name suggests it is very rich and hydrating for dry skin.
- Nouri Vital Facial Cream £58 Nouri products are really fresh and blended every 12 weeks, so this is a good product if that is important to you. They advise for dry skin to apply additional amounts of the product to areas that need it, after the first layer has been applied.
- Tata Harper Crème Riche £170 We included this one for those that insist on high end products. This is an expensive product and it is not an essential, as there are so many amazing affordable natural face moisturisers for dry skin. This product is way out of reach for most, but we included it because it does contain lots of good natural ingredients. Some of the more unique ingredients that it includes are red maple bark, candle tree leaf and winged kelp and they describe it as a velvet moisturising cream.
To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including dry and sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK.