Good facial cleansing is a must for clear fresh smooth skin, so read our guide to the best natural face cleansers out there. At Nakin our aim is to enhance and improve skin with the Best Natural Skincare Products and this is why our award-winning face care contains the best plant ingredients. This is one of our top criteria for choosing the best face cleanser, as conventional synthetic products are harsh to skin and may cause disruption. Natural face cleansers instead work in harmony with skin, to help it flourish and thrive.
It is important to use a good facial cleanser as it will keep skin clear and healthy without throwing it out of balance, or stripping skin. Water on its own does not clean skin properly, and soaps are drying to skin and most should be avoided. Dry and tight skin is not happy skin, and it can cause excess oil production as skin attempts to compensate for the unnatural dryness imposed upon it. At Nakin we only recommend using gentle facial cleansers as others can cause dryness, redness, irritation or oiliness. Face cleansers that are too harsh for skin might remove dirt and make-up but can also strip skin of the beneficial natural oils, and they can disrupt the skins layers and weaken skin. Instead a good cleanser should strengthen the skin, help with cell turnover and leave the complexion fresh, bright and comforted. Our criteria for the best face cleanser are that it is natural and kind to skin, cleans the face and neck effectively and puts nourishing actives back into skin for a reviving boost.
Nakin Advanced Cleansing Milk £15. This cleanser tops the list of the best because it is filled with high performance natural actives, to clean deep down and condition skin. The silky soft hydrating formula is kind to even sensitive skin and cleans skin beautifully with detoxing seaweed and plant oils. Skin is also treated to antioxidant pomegranate and hydrating hyaluronic acid. Although this is the best cleansing milk for being kind to skin and nourishing, it still packs a punch when it comes to cleansing the face and neck, plus removes make-up well. As well as this, Nakin’s award winning face cleanser is pH 5.5. which means that it will not disrupt your skins acid mantle. Customers love the delicate aroma and it is perfect for all ages and skin types including oily, combination, dry and sensitive faces. To use as an exfoliator once a week then simply remove with a damp muslin cloth, in small circular movements all over the face and neck.
- Nakin Purifying Face Toner £15. This toner is amazing for refreshing, toning and detoxing the face and neck. It should be used after the cleansing milk and it removes that last traces of cleanser, acts as a deep down clear out and makes skin ready to receive the powerful skin treatments that are applied after cleansing. Treat skin to the best face toner filled with special plant actives like seaweed extract, aloe, witch hazel and hyaluronic acid - for a reviving boost to the face and neck while also removing impurities. The purifying face toner is pH 5.5 so it keeps skin calm and balanced and its unique formula offers skin the best in facial toning. It is suitable for oily, combination, dry and sensitive faces. It leaves skin soft and healthy but never dry and uncomfortable.
- May Lindstrom The Clean Dirt £70. This face cleanser is on the pricey side, but it is made for a sensory experience as well as cleansing the face. It has very good reviews and we like that it includes two different types of clay in the ingredients list and comes in a powder form. You mix the powder with water for a kind of mouse type product and the grains exfoliate skin.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Oil Cleanser £50. Another pricey product but we wanted to include it for those that love an oil cleanser. It contains lots of oils that are effective in skin cleansing and lovely to skin at the same time. Then after applying, take it off with warm water or a face cloth. At Nakin we prefer a natural cleansing milk for cleaning the face, as the mix of ingredients you can include in a water-based product makes them far more superior for cleansing, in our opinion.
- The Organic Pharmacy Rose Facial Cleansing Gel £49. We know that many people love a face wash, so we included this because as a gel it mixes with water and foams up for a sweet-smelling face wash experience with rose. This is a nice face cleanser, but it does have a downside in that at 100ml size it is a very small bottle. Follow with a natural face toner.
- Twelve Clementine Cleansing Balm £48. This is a traditional hot cloth cleanser balm with sunflower and orange oil, which is removed with a muslin cloth. This brands philosophy is to use as little ingredients as possible in their products. While this might mean skin does not get as much vitamins and minerals as it could, it is great for those that like simple face products.
- Whamisa Organic Flowers Cleansing Water £25. This one is for the Korean beauty fans and it is a bit different, being made with lovely chrysanthemum and dandelion flowers. The only thing to remember is that they advise to follow with a foaming cleanser for a deeper cleanse afterwards, which is the opposite of the usual cleansing regime.
- Dr Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk £25. This long running brand have been producing face products for decades. Although the formulations have not changed much over the years, the classic ingredients of plant oils make this a good mid-priced cleansing option.
- Odacite Blue Aura Cleansing Water £39. Although this is very small at only 120ml, we love the ingredients in it which include ivy, eggplant and basil. It also contains salicylic acid which although we are wary of as it can be irritating to skin, it is only in a tiny amount. We included this as we know that lots of people like to use this acid on their skin.
- Tammy Fender Cleansing Milk £50. This product has been mostly developed for dry skin types as it is quite rich, with beeswax high up the Inc. list. Another milk has made the top list as we love them for the ability to clean skin thoroughly while still nourishing the face and neck, but without greasiness.
To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com The full range of cleansers, moisturisers and face treatments are cruelty free and made in the UK.